In order to be eligible for Alliance membership, an organization must:
- have business interests that align with the Alliance’s goals;
- have demonstrated a solid history of good faith effort to fight and protect users from bad ads within the context of its place in the ecosystem; and
- refrain from spam delivery, disreputable affiliate marketing, distribution of badware, or similar practices.
The Alliance will also take into consideration an organization’s ability to contribute beneficially to and further the Alliance’s mission, as well as its commitment to the highest standards of practice within the ecosystem.
Alliance membership dues are as follows*:
For-profit companies, based on annual ad-related revenues:
- $5,000/year for revenues less than $10m
- $10,000/year for revenues $10m–$100m
- $25,000/year for revenues $100m +
Trade associations and other nonprofit/membership organizations:
- up to $2,500/year
Alliance Membership follows the calendar year (January – December) and can be prorated based on the time of year an application is received. Those organizations that subscribe for a full membership in 2012 will be covered through December 2013.
* Membership dues support the staffing and activities of the Alliance and its parent 501(c)3 non-profit organization, StopBadware.